1. Requirements for submission of application:
Croatian citizens of lower socio-economic status, whose average monthly income per family member does not exceed 65% of the tax base for 2021, have the right to compete for the two available places in the admission quota for students with waived tuition fees, provided that they have:
- completed secondary education in the Republic of Croatia;
- passed the mandatory secondary school exit examination with at least 4.3 grade point average.
2. Quota: 2 enrollment places
Registration and enrollment application documents are submitted electronically to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Psy Scholarship - Name Surname)
The following documents must be submitted in electronic format (pdf or jpg format), with the application:
• Certificate from the Revenue Office on revenues generated in 2020 (that the average monthly income per family member does not exceed 65% of the tax base for 2021 – as defined in Article 33 of the Act on the Execution of the State Budget of the Republic of Croatia for 2021, Official Gazette, 135/20). The calculation of income per family member includes the total income and non-taxable income listed in Annex 1 to the Ordinance on the conditions and procedures for achieving the right to state scholarship based on socio-economic status (Official Gazette 83/2018).
• A statement (certified by the notary public) about family members in the shared household. The Personal Identification Number (OIB) of each family member must be listed. Family members include: spouses or extramarital partners, children and other relatives who share the same household, earn a living, earn income in another way and spend it together. A child under the age of 26 who is not at the same residence, but is finishing a university degree in another place of residence, is also considered a family member.
• Curriculum vitae (Europass format, see www.ffst.unist.hr/europass-cv/)
• Photographs (standardized passport photo, minimum resolution 150 dpi);
• Copy of the proof of citizenship (birth certificate);
• Motivation letter in English outlining reasons for applying to the undergraduate university study of Psychology (500-800 words);
• Copy of proof of completion of secondary school (a complete record – all years – of secondary school education) and proof of the secondary school exit examination.
Applicants whose exit examination takes place in the current year need to submit a signed statement stating the applicant's score on the exit examination and a screenshot with the applicant's and the examination grade.
• Applicants who are not native English speakers must submit proof of English language competencies (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE). Cambridge and Oxford certificates issued by foreign language schools outside the Republic of Croatia are also recognized. Applicants who do not have proof of English language competency at the time of enrollment can take the test at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Split on June 18, 2021.
• Proof of payment of the enrollment fee paid to the account:
OTP bank Ltd.
Domovinskog rata 61
21000 Split, Croatia
BIC (SWIFT): OTPVHR2X
o 45 Euro (equivalent in Croatian kuna) for applicants with proof of English language competency.
Purpose of payment: "Psychology Selection"
Authorization number reference: 226/218
o 90 Euro (equivalent in Croatian kuna) for applicants who must take the English language proficiency test at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Split.
Purpose of payment: "Psychology Selection + English"
Authorization number reference: 2261/218
(Please note that the enrollment fee is non-refundable, and bank transaction costs are covered by the applicant. For payments within Croatia and in Croatian currency, please refer to the mid-market exchange rate of the Croatian National Bank on the day of the transaction).
In addition to the required documents, the applicant may submit additional documents (which may give priority during the selection procedure): letters of recommendation (maximum of two letters), evidence of additional academic, athletic or philanthropic achievements such as participation in national and international secondary school academic competitions, acquired status of athletic excellence or participation in volunteer programs
Deadlines for submission of applications for tuition-waiver places: June 1 - July 21, 2021.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
4. Selection procedure:
Based on the submitted application documentation, a pre-selection procedure will take place.
Applicants who meet the criteria listed under sections 1 and 3 of this call will be further evaluated to determine their point score. Points will be calculated based on the following: grade point average in secondary education, grade and level of the secondary school exit examination. In case of a tie between the candidates, those who have completed exit exams in other elective courses will gain additional points.
The results of the pre-selection procedure will be announced on July 23, 2021.
Applicants who meet the pre-selection process criteria enter into the second phase of the admission process, which will consist of an invitation to an online interview. The invitation to the online interview will be sent to the applicant via the enrollment application's e-mail address no later than July 23, 2021.
The online interview will take place between July 27 and 28, 2021.
On the day of the online interview, at least an hour and a half before the start, the candidates will receive by e-mail a short text in English describing research or knowledge in the field of psychology. During the online interview, committee members will discuss various topics with the candidate, including the abovementioned text. The interview will be conducted in English.
The ranking list of scholarship contenders will be published on July 29, 2021.
Mandatory documents required for enrollment:
All applicants with the right to enroll need to submit the following only as original documents:
• Certificate from the Revenue Office on revenues generated in 2020;
• A certified statement (by a notary public) about family members in the shared household;
• Proof of citizenship (e-citizenship card generated from the e-Citizens system is accepted);
• Document stating the Personal Identification Number (OIB) of the applicant, if it is not stated in the birth certificate;
• Proof of secondary school completion (certificates of all four grades);
• Final certificate of secondary education.
Enrollment: September 29, 2021.
Candidates have the right to enroll in the study program without the obligation to pay tuition fees, in accordance with scored evaluation points and their ranking on the final list of contestants, until the enrollment quota is met.
Candidates with the right to enroll without the obligation to pay tuition fees should accept the terms of study by sending a message to the following e-mail address: email@example.com no later than 24 hours from the date of the public announcement of enrolled candidates. If the candidate does not accept the conditions of study within the specified period, they lose the right to enroll and the notification about the right to tuition-free enrollment will be sent to the next applicant on the ranking list. Applicants who do not submit the required original documentation within the deadline lose their right to tuition-free enrollment.
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Split reserves the right to cancel the study program in case of an insufficient number of enrolled tuition-paying students.
For all additional inquiries and information, applicants can refer to firstname.lastname@example.org