1. Requirements for submission of application:
The following categories of applicants are eligible:
-those with secondary-school degrees and completed exit examinations;
-those with secondary-school degrees acquired in the Republic of Croatia before 2010;
-those with secondary-school degrees in an education system with no mandatory exit examination (in which case the total duration of education must amount to 12 years).
2. Enrollment quota: 34 students with tuition charges
Registration and enrollment application are submitted electronically by sending the documentation to the following e-mail address: email@example.com (Subject: Psy Admissions - Name Surname)
The following documents must be submitted, in electronic format (pdf or jpg format), with the application:
• Curriculum Vitae (Europass format, www.ffst.unist.hr/europass-cv/);
• Photograph (standardized photo for passports, minimum resolution 150 dpi);
• Copy of the proof of citizenship (birth certificate for Croatian citizens and passport
for foreign citizens);
• Motivation letter in English outlining reasons for applying to the undergraduate study of Psychology in Split (500-800 words);
• Copy of the proof of completion of secondary school (a complete record – all years – of secondary school education) and proof of the secondary school exit examination.
Applicants whose exit examination takes place in the current year need to submit a signed statement stating the applicant's score on the exit examination and a screenshot with the applicant's name and the examination grade.
Applicants who have completed secondary school abroad must, in addition to copies of certificates, submit the appropriate evidence issued by the Education and Teacher Training Agency (Recognition of Foreign Education Qualifications, or proof of submitted application for the recognition of foreign education qualification).
Applicants who have completed secondary school in an education system without the required exit examination or have completed secondary education in the Republic of Croatia before 2010 are not required to submit documents pertaining to exit examination. Since the completed exit examination earns the applicant additional evaluation points, applicants without this element need to note that they will be assessed based only on their grade point average in secondary school education.
Documents issued in a foreign language must be translated by a certified court interpreter, except for documents issued in English, Serbian or Bosnian (Latin alphabet for both), which do not need a translation.
More information on the recognition of foreign education qualifications is available at https://www.azoo.hr/inozemne-obrazovne-kvalilikacije/ (for secondary school programs) and http://pikaso.asoo.hr/EN/index.html (for vocational programs).
• Applicants who are not native English speakers or have not completed secondary or higher education in the English-speaking education system must submit proof of English language competency (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE; C1 Level). Cambridge and Oxford certificates issued by foreign language schools outside the Republic of Croatia are also recognized. Applicants who, at the time of application, do not have proof of language competence in English can take the test at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Split according to the official examination schedule (May 14, June 18, July 23).
• Proof of payment of the enrollment fee paid to the account:
OTP bank Ltd.
Domovinskog rata 61
21000 Split, Croatia
BIC (SWIFT): OTPVHR2X
o 90 Euro (equivalent in Croatian kuna) for applicants with proof of English language competency.
Purpose of payment: "Psychology Selection"
Authorization number reference: 226/218
o 180 Euro (equivalent in Croatian kuna) for applicants who must take the English language proficiency test at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Split.
Purpose of payment: "Psychology Selection + English"
Authorization number reference: 2261/218
(Please note that the enrollment fee is non-refundable, and the applicant covers bank transaction costs. Please refer to the mid-market exchange rate of the Croatian National Bank on the day of the transaction for payments within Croatia ).
• Additional documents:
In addition to the required documents, the applicant may submit additional documents which could provide the extra points in the selection process: letters of recommendation (maximum of two letters), evidence of other academic, athletic, or philanthropic achievements such as participation in national and international secondary school academic competitions, acquired status of athletic excellence or participation in volunteer programs.
Application deadlines: May 1 to July 23, 2021.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
4. Selection procedure
Based on the submitted application documentation, a pre-selection procedure will take place.
Applicants who meet the criteria listed under sections 1 and 3 of this call will be further evaluated to determine their point score. Points will be calculated based on the following: grade point average in secondary education, grade, and level of the secondary school exit examination. In case of a tie between the candidates, those who have completed exit exams in other elective courses will gain additional points.
The results of the pre-selection procedure will be announced on July 30, 2021.
Applicants who meet the pre-selection process criteria enter into the second phase of the admission process, which will consist of an invitation to an online interview. The invitation to the online interview will be sent to the applicant via the enrollment application's e-mail address no later than August 4, 2021.
The online interview will take place between September 6 and 15, 2021.
On the day of the online interview, at least an hour and a half before the start, the candidates will receive by e-mail a short text in English describing research or knowledge in the field of psychology. During the online interview, committee members will discuss various topics with the candidate, including the abovementioned text. The interview will be conducted in English.
The results of the selection procedure will be published on September 17, 2021.
5. Annual tuition
The undergraduate study program in Psychology is three years long. The annual tuition fee is 6,000 Euro (for transfers within Croatia please refer to the mid-market exchange rate of the Croatian National Bank on the day of payment).
Enrollment will take place September 27-29, 2021.
According to their ranking on the final list of contestants, candidates have the right to enroll in the study program until the enrollment quota is full.
Candidates must pay the full price of the annual tuition fee no later than one week from the date of the candidate ranking list's public announcement. Candidates who do not make the payment within the specified period will lose their right to enroll in the study program. Once they pay the tuition fee in full, candidates will be considered formally enrolled in the study program. The tuition fee is non-refundable. However, in case of program cancellation due to the insufficient number of enrolled students, the payment will be refunded (the applicant will cover bank transaction costs).
Mandatory documents required for enrollment:
All applicants with the right to enroll need to submit the following documents either in the original or a certified copy:
• proof of citizenship (passport for foreign citizens, birth certificate for Croatian citizens, a birth certificate generated from the Croatian e-Citizens system is recognized.);
• document from which the OIB of the applicant is evident (foreign citizens must also enclose a certificate of personal identification number (OIB) issued by the Ministry of Finance, Tax Administration - Split Regional Office);
• proof of completion of all grades of high school (certificates of the last four grades)
• final certificate of secondary education
• certificate of the final external evaluation exam (if the candidate has passed it)
• proof of one-time payment of annual tuition.
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Split reserves the right to cancel the study program in case of an insufficient number of enrolled tuition-paying students.
For all additional inquiries and information, applicants can refer to firstname.lastname@example.org